Shavuot and Amalek
Chag Shavuot, translated the Festival of Weeks, is celebrated fifty days after the Passover by the Jewish people. This year it will be observed in Israel from Saturday evening, June 4, to Sunday evening, June 5. In the diaspora, it begins Saturday evening and ends Monday evening, June 6.
All Jewish men are commanded in Torah to appear before YHVH in Jerusalem on Shavuot. (Deut 16:16) The first fruits of the wheat harvest are offered on this day. It is a commemoration to receiving the Ten Words (Commandments) and entering covenant with YHVH, the God of Israel. For disciples of Yeshua, it is also a commemoration of the receiving the power of the Ruach Kodesh (Holy Spirit). (Luke 24:49)
Days before receiving the Torah, Moses took some of the elders of Israel to Mt. Horeb (Sinai) before all the people, and with the rod of God struck the Rock that YHVH stood on. Water came forth and the people drank the spiritual drink of the Rock of Messiah. (Exod 17:5-6, 1Cor 10:4)
Following the outpouring of the spiritual water of Messiah, the nation of Amalek came and fought against Israel. A miraculous victory was achieved, and Moses raised the staff of God, supported by Aaron and Hur, while Joshua led the army in battle. After the victory God said, â€śBy the hand (Yeshua) upon the throne of YHVH, YHVH will war with Amalek from generation to generation.â€ť (Exod 17:8-16)
The spirit of Amalek is alive and well today in the nations that come against Israel as it once again is being gathered to the land of promise by God. Chief among those nations is Iran, ancient Persia, who has vowed to wipe Israel off the map. Benny Gantz, Israelâ€™s defense minister announced that Iran has enough fissile material to produce a nuclear weapon. They continue to add thousands of new centrifuges to make even more weapons grade uranium while simultaneously developing missile technology to deliver nuclear weapons.
God has said He will regather His people and like Aaron and Hur, it is our responsibility to intercede both spiritually and physically to war against, the powers and principalities of Amalek that come against the regathering of Israel by the Hand on the throne of YHVH, Yeshua.4, June 6.
- Please pray for the Nation of Israel, all its inhabitants and its leadership to fulfill its destiny and to resist the spirit of Amalek who seeks to destroy it and hinder Godâ€™s plan to return His people to His land.
- Please pray for an increase in Aliyah, particularly for those from the west and that the golden handcuffs that bind them be released.
- Please pray for the highway to be established for the Jews of Russia and Ukraine to make Aliyah.
- Please pray that when the Jews declare, â€śNext year in Jerusalemâ€ť, then follow through.
- Please pray for an increase in housing and jobs in Israel to attract Jews to make Aliyah.
Behold, all who are incensed against you shall be put to shame and confounded; those who strive against you shall be as nothing and shall perish. You shall seek those who contend with you, but you shall not find them; those who war against you shall be as nothing at all. Isaiah 41:11-12 ESV
Operation Exodus USA